Friday, August 31, 2012

Lola. Dog

 
Dearest Blog Readers,

I have to discuss something very serious today on the blog.  Something that really bothers me and I really just need to get it off my chest.  I'm only so big, so I can only keep in so much.  Two things happened to me last week that really just set me into a tailspin.  And I'm not talking about a biting flea.

The first thing happened while I was perusing Pinterest.  I mainly get on there to read the funny ecards, but I come across all kinds of other nonsense.  Well, I came across this pin.

Source: Pinterest.com

Can you imagine this happening in our day and age?  Did you say no?  Yeah, the answer is no.  There is no way anyone would be trying to look like the model on the right, when to be honest, she has a beautiful shape.  Let me tell you how many models I see that resemble the model on the right when I skim through my latest fashion magazines.  The answer is zero.  The model on the right has a gorgeous shape, as does the model on the left.  They are both pretty women.  I don't understand the need for our society to force certain figures on humans.  You should be healthy and happy.  And that does not always come in a size 0.  

The next thing happened while I was watching Project Runway.  They were doing a 'real people' challenge.  They were giving make-overs to women who were not dressing to their full potential.  One of the designers complained the ENTIRE time that he got stuck with a 'plus-size' woman.  I believe she was a size 12, which in my opinion, is not plus size.  He complained to the other designers, he complained to the judges, he even complained to the client.  She was in TEARS... and so was I on her behalf.  I am appalled that he was not eliminated simply because he is a horrible human being.  He said that designers dress models.  Why is that exactly?  I doubt it's models that buy up all their clothing.  Could it be that they are too lazy to do the extra sewing?  Too cheap to buy the extra fabric?  It can't be because the clothing looks better, because I've seen plenty of designer outfits that fit normal sized women beautifully.  I don't understand the message that is being sent into society.  I feel bad for humans.  We dogs really just need to stay healthy and that's it.  You can call me fat all day long.  I really don't care.  I refuse to give up my occasional indulgence of Frosty Paws ice cream.  

 Examples from movies regarding the need for everyone to be thin:
  • I feel like such a heifer. I had two bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M's and like 3 pieces of licorice.  - Cher, Clueless
  • I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.  - Emily, The Devil Wears Prada  
This leads me to my next complaint.  No matter how skinny a human becomes, they may never be happy with how they look.  Skinny people have insecurities, too.  It's true.  Some people wish they were thinner or that their chests were bigger or that their legs were longer, etc.  Not all things can be fixed by losing weight.  So, to that I say, be happy.  Be happy with who you are.

Until next time,
Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment