Thursday, December 6, 2012

November Birchbox

I was very happy to receive my November Birchbox.  Birchbox is headquartered in New York and I was sent an email about possible delays due to Hurricane Sandy.  Any type of delay due to the hurricane would not have bothered me at all.  I guess I took the no delay at all to mean all was well for the Birchbox staff.  I hope so at least.

Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder: I'm going to be completely honest and say that I have yet to try this.  The thing is that it came in this little pouch type thing, so I can only apply it by sprinkling it in my hair.  I've only ever used a spray in dry shampoo, so it's really just a lack of effort on my part.  It's organic and since organic is this great wonderful thing, I can only assume people will be buying a lot of it.  (read: sarcasm).

Mox Botanicals Lip Butter: I have used this every single day since my birchbox arrived.  I love it.  It goes on smooth and makes my lips feel wonderful and soft.  One downside, which is my personal preference is that you apply it with your finger.  This is just messy, in my opinion.  

ModelCo Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara: This mascara has little fibers that are supposed to cling to your eyelash and make them appear longer (like false eyelashes).  Let me just say that I love mascara.  I usually apply a coat or two and I love that you can tell that I have mascara on.  Mascara makes my eyes really stand out.  This mascara does not.  It goes on in very light coats.  Even when I applied three coats you could hardly tell I had mascara on.  The fibers do indeed stick to your lashes.  For about an hour or two.  Then they fall onto your cheeks.  I will just stick to my mascara.

One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum:   Organic does not equal safe for sensitive skin.  I didn't even try this.  It was heavily scented and that's just a no go with my skin.  So, I gave it to my mom when I saw her at Thanksgiving.  I have no idea if she's used it yet.

John Varvatos Artisan: This is men's cologne.  Yeah.  Tangent time.  Do you know what really irritates me about women's magazines?  They advertise things for men.  They include men's cologne samples, etc.  It annoys me to no end.  Do you want to know what I have never, ever found in a man's magazine?  Women's perfume samples.  I get it, really I do.  It all has to do with marketing.  Women are very likely to either buy the man in their life cologne or they are very likely to sway his decision, etc.  My husband even liked this sample.  He has used it every day since my box came in.  So, yeah mission accomplished for Birchbox.  Let's just hope my husband can remember the name of the cologne without any help from me if he decides to buy it.

Did you get something different in your birchbox?  Let me know in the comments below.  Not signed up for birchbox?  Sign up here.  

Also, I realize that I never did an October Birchbox post.  I signed up for the GOOP box in October and to be honest, I don't even want to talk about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment