Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Accessorize with Scarves

My favorite accessory in cooler and colder weather is a scarf.  I think it works in an outfit the same way a necklace does.  It can add a little pop of color, it can serve as an accent to the colors in an outfit or it can pull the entire outfit together.  I also find that keeping my neck covered keeps me a lot warmer without having to constantly wear a bulky sweater or jacket.  So, when I put an outfit together and I feel it's missing a little pizzazz, I throw a scarf on.  There are also a lot of different ways to wear a scarf.  The main thing I do is fold my scarf in half and then just test out different ways to loop the ends until I find a style that I like.


A better picture of this outfit is here.  So, yes I've worn it on the blog before.  The scarf adds a little oomph.

This is not a friendly face.  I have no idea why I'm so serious.
Top: Loft / Pants: Banana Republic / Scarf: Happy Scarf / Shoes: Nine West (old) / Jewelry: Stella & Dot
A subtle way to mix patterns.
Top: Loft / Pants: Gap / Scarf: Banana Republic (similar) / Shoes: Payless / Jewelry: Stella & Dot

It pulls together what would otherwise be a very simple outfit.
Top: Banana Republic (similar) / Pants: Banana Republic / Scarf: (old)/ Shoes: Gap (old) / Jewelry: Target and Stella & Dot

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love a scarf too in the winter! An easy way to quickly jazz up an outfit :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following now!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Datevitation Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete