Thursday, January 3, 2013

December Birchbox

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked my December Birchbox. The previous months were a little bit of a let down for me, so I was very happy to open the December box.



1. theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer
What is it? It's a luminizer.  Still confused?  It works like a highlighter.  Swipe it on where you want to highlight your face: upper cheek bones, down your nose, under brows, etc.
How does it work? Play up your best features with this three-in-one highlighter, shadow, and all-over shimmer.
Full size price: $24
Review:  I actually really like this product.  I was using a liquid lumi and I did like it, but I have combination/oily skin and I felt like the liquid lumi just made my skin look more dewy, which is not a good thing in my book.  This is a powder (like eyeshadow), so I have more control over where it goes and it's easier to blend into the make-up I already have on.  Plus, it's very versatile.  I can wear it over blush or as eyeshadow.


2. Emily's Chocolates Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookie

What is it? Well, it's a chocolate covered fortune cookie.
Full size price: $5.99 for a box of 6
Review: Surprisingly it tastes really good.  The flavor I received is dark chocolate, but it also has a mint type of flavor, as well.


3. Nicole by Nicole Richie

What is it? Perfume
More details: For her first fragrance, the Hollywood starlet dreamed up a festive blend of creamy amber and rose touched with a hint of vanilla.
Full size price: $20-$69
Review:  I'm pretty picky when it comes to perfume, but I actually really like this perfume.  It's not too sweet or too overwhelming.


4. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream

What is it? A CC Cream
What does it do? This brand new CC (color control) is the ultimate multitasker.  The lightweight cream naturally improves skin tone with Vitamin C and grape-derived resveratrol.
Full size price: $39
Review:  I didn't like it, but I didn't hate it.  I've tried BB creams before and I have the same issue with this CC cream as I did with the BB creams.  Not enough coverage.  I don't have naturally beautiful skin.  I have breakouts and acne scars.  It's a mess.  I need something with more coverage.  This reminded me a lot of a tinted moisturizer.  (It even says it's more of a tinted sunscreen).  I did like, however, the SPF 30.


5. Kerastate Resistance Ciment Thermique Protect

What is it? It's like a leave in treatment/conditioner
What does it do? The heat-activated formula protects hair from damage.
Full size price: $39
Review:  I really like this product.  It made my hair silky soft.  Does it protect my hair from damage?  I don't think I've been using it long enough to tell.


Bonus: Rent the Runway Coupon

What is it?  It's a coupon.
More details: $50 off a purchase of $125 or more
Review:  It's a nice added bonus if I plan to spend that much.  I'll hang on to it just in case.

Are you interested in Birchbox?  Sing up here.

(Disclaimer: If you sign up through the link provided, I will receive credit for it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment