I know this is usually Lola's day, but her birthday is Sunday so I told her she can blog on Monday... as a gift. I also realize that I haven't blogged all week. I think I have mixed emotions about it, to be honest. This blog is a hobby. I don't do it as a side job and I don't do it hoping to make some extra cash. This is clearly the case because I don't even have ads. When my life gets really hectic and I get stressed and overwhelmed, my blog suffers. I've been putting in a lot of work hours (hello busy season), while still trying to maintain somewhat of a normal home life - which is hard when you get home at 7 and want to go straight to bed and pass out from exhaustion. I know this sounds like complaining, but it's really not meant to be. I'm just keeping it real. I've also had some setbacks because I read some pretty awesome blogs and I've started comparing my blogs to others and that is just not something I should do. This is my space on the internet to share things and I really should focus on what I want to say/share/etc. It's rough, though. I'm me and that's all I can strive to be. So for today I've decided to share some information about me. I really want to bond with my readers (you). Here we go.
1. I was born in Texas and I've lived here my whole life. I think it's funny when people think they can fly into one location in Texas and plan day trips to other locations. For example, someone had tickets to a game in Houston and knew a person who lived in Lubbock. So, they asked the person from Lubbock if they could fly in and stay with them and then just drive to the game in Houston. Houston is a 10 hour drive from Lubbock. Texas is big, y'all.
2. I'm from a little dirt town although I relate more to city life.
3. I've been married for a little over 2 years to a man I met in college, but we didn't start dating until after college.
4. I have a dog who is very much like my child - as if y'all didn't already know that.
5. I'm an only child, but my mom was a very young mother so we grew up more like sisters. She was the older, bossy one. She still is.
6. I leave the last bite of almost everything I eat or drink. I have no idea why. It both annoys and pleases my husband. He always ends up eating/drinking it, but he doesn't understand it.
7. I still have the same car that I bought when I was in graduate school. It's going on 7 years and still gets the job done. Plus, no car payment. That's definitely a bonus in my book.
8. I once tried to pass off my library card as proof of identification to a highway patrol officer. I was pulled over for (allegedly) speeding and my license was in the back pocket of the jeans I wore the night before to a Seal concert. Those jeans were laying on the floor in my apartment. I apologized profusely and even told him my license number (because I'm weird with numbers like that). He gave me a warning.
9. My husband is kind of quirky and hates even numbers. Seriously. The volume on the TV has to be an odd number. He microwaves things on odd numbers. So, just for him I have decided to stop at number 9, even though technically this isn't even about me.
Thanks so much for reading my blog. Have a great weekend.