Friday, February 1, 2013

Lola. Dog


My Dearest Blog Readers,

I apologize for my absence last week, I was still under the weather.  I am feeling much better this week, thank you so much for your concern.  Let's talk about what's been going on in the world.

  • The Senate passed the debt limit extension.  Seriously?  Now I know this action leads to x action which leads to y action that is really good for xyz... etc.  But seriously?  The only thing I see here is that this gives Congress more time to negotiate upcoming budget talks.  In my mind this is a continuation of kicking the can down the road.  
  • Hey, John Kerry was voted in as Secretary of State.  Hillary had her ups and downs, but those are still some seriously major shoes to fill.
  • Project Runway is back!  I know, it's been a billion seasons and the only major designer to emerge from this series is Christian Siriano.  I just don't care about all that.  Zac Posen is filling in for an 'over scheduled' Michael Kors.  I love Michael Kors, but Zac Posen?  I'm super excited for a little change.  Speaking of change, hello group challenges for the entire season.  This is especially interesting since we all know that group challenges bring major drama.  There will be a group challenge in every single episode.  Hello drama.  Plus, all the contestants have already said they do not work well in groups, to which I say - How have they survived in this hard, hard world thus far?
  • I will end with this: David Beckham has signed with PSG and (hello!) will donate his entire salary to charity.  Swoon.  I just hope this doesn't mean he's uprooting his lovely family and moving away.  I like Victoria Beckham being close by... in case she wants to hang out, or something.  You never know!
Until next time,
Lola

2 comments:

  1. Lola,

    I admire Hillary Clinton.

    I love David Beckham even more now. I don't keep up with anything celebrity, so this may be a silly question...do the Beckhams live in Texas, and if so where in Texas? Because you know they can't be living in Houston and just drive up the highway in a flash to get to Dallas (tehee, see your future post about living in Texas)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beckham's live in California. Lola doesn't think that's too far away. She still has hopes that Victoria will invite her to NYFW.

      Delete