Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Random Friday

Today's randoms are mostly about food, although I did not really mean for that to happen.  Here we go.
1.

I have just discovered the greatness that is a Grilled Chicken Salad from Chik-fil-a.  Seriously.  I'm on this salad kick right now, which I guess is pretty good.  It could be worse.  This salad is delicious.  The dressing I chose is the Berry Balsamic Vinaigrette.  It's a little sweet, but paired with the fruit and the crunch of the nuts - it's perfect.  Here I thought I didn't even like blueberries.

2 & 3.  My workout routine is finally, well, routine.  I alternate between 30 Day Shred and Yoga.  I do this because 30DS leaves me completely drenched.  That includes my hair and I wash my hair every other day.  So, on non-wash days I do yoga.  Don't let that fool you, though.  Yoga is a good kick in the behind, as well.  Also, I realize I'm doing the 30DS wrong.  I don't do each level for 10 days.  I did the first level until I got tired of it and now I'm on level 2.  I really like level 2, so I don't know how long I will wait until level 3.  I'm also only on level 1 of Yoga.  Yeah, it kicks my butt.

Via
Via
4.  So with all this salad and workout talk, you might think, "Oh that Lacey is really whipping herself into shape.  She has so much self control."  Yeah.  Allow me to laugh out loud at that.  I have a serious sweet tooth that cannot be tamed.  So, I eat salads, workout and then eat this:

What's worse?  I had just eaten a salad before I ate this.  Technically I only ate one of those, but had the husband looked away or *gasp* went to the restroom, I would have eaten his, too.

This brings me to more food.
5.  Sushi.  I have a nice, little story about sushi.  About two and a half years ago, the husband and I went out on a Valentine's date to a sushi restaurant.  It was fun and the food was good.  Well, that evening my husband contracted a stomach virus.  He ran fever so high that at one point I contemplated taking him to the emergency room.  We haven't had sushi since.  Well, until last week.  I'm so excited that the husband is finally over his sushi hiatus.  Oh and yes, I realize I could have had sushi without him.  Don't think I did it just to be nice to him, the opportunity just never presented itself.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment