Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beauty Spotlight: Mascara

I'm kind of weird when it comes to mascara.  For the longest time I only wore mascara on my top lashes.  I felt like when I put mascara on my bottom lashes it looked too spidery.  Then I received a mascara in my Birchbox (when I subscribed to Birchbox) that did absolutely nothing for my top lashes.  So, by chance I tried it on my bottom lashes and it looked pretty good.  The key was that this mascara was not meant to add volume.  So, for a while I used my regular mascara on my top lashes and the Birchbox mascara on my bottom lashes.  Well, the time was approaching to replace my mascara(s).  I did not want to buy the Birchbox mascara.  It was far too expensive.  I also didn't want to buy two mascaras in general.  So, I'm flipping through my Instyle magazine and came across this mascara (in an ad): Maybelline the Falsies Big Eyes.

I've actually read mixed reviews on this mascara, but I just want to share my opinion.  Let me tell you a little about my eyelashes.  They are semi-full and naturally black.  I like to use volumizing mascaras because I like the extra oomph.  Eyelashes are important to me, y'all.  Is this the best mascara in the whole wide world.  Probably not.  I do have some clump issues here and there.  BUT.  I do feel like it makes my eyelashes more voluminous and I do love the little wand for the bottom lashes.  I also use that little wand on the base of my top lashes.  Another thing I would like to point out is that with my former mascara my lashes would stay curled for about two hours.  With this mascara, my lashes stay curled all day. 

Here is a picture of my lashes at the end of the day, with no extra curling or application throughout the day. 

This is why my review for this product is so positive.  I say give it a try, at $7.99 a tube it's not much of a risk.

I'm wearing very black, by the way and it also comes in waterproof.

*Maybelline has no idea who I am and I did not receive anything for this review.  The opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment