Friday, August 16, 2013

Random Friday

1. I have a confession to make.  I am so over chevron print.  It was a fun, but short love affair.  I was completely taken over and mesmerized by the fine lines zig zagging into such an easily identifiable print.  Alas, that love affair is over.  Now I just wish everyone else was over it, as well.  It's like seeing an ex-boyfriend everywhere I look and it's making me nauseous.

2. I have a very hard time drinking a lot of water throughout the day.  I know I'm supposed to drink 8 glasses a day or something like that.  It would probably make my skin look so much healthier, I just have a hard time doing it.  I've tried to think of things to add to my water to make it more appealing, such as crystal light or lemon juice or something.  Well, I've finally discovered what works for me and thought I would share.  A straw.  Yep.  I'm that simple.  If I put a straw in my water bottle, the water is gone within the hour.  Now I know drinking from a straw is not the best for the wrinkles around my mouth, but honestly I would rather drink enough water a day than worry about the wrinkles.  For now.

3. Apparently August 5th was my blog's anniversary.  Whoops, I didn't even notice. Celebrate with me by imbibing in your favorite beverage.  Speaking of beverages, I tried the Summer Shandy this past weekend and I have to say it is really good.  It has a lemony flavor to it, but it's not really lemonade-y.  It's also fabulous on a hot day.  Of course it's a summer seasonal beer and now I must buy cases and cases to last me through hibernation.


4. My InStyle Fall edition arrived and I am super excited.  Granted 400 pages are ads, but I love looking through all the pages and seeing all the new styles and ideas.  I'm not going to go on and on about how it's almost Fall and do a whole post about it while it's still ridiculously hot in Texas.  I don't feel like Fall will ever arrive.  I'll get excited when it does. (Note: the last few days it's been below 100 degrees and that has almost felt like Fall.  Yes, 92 degrees is almost Fall weather.)


5.  Here's my Project Runway random.  (I'm a week behind.)  Sandro is crazy.  He kind of doesn't really have a filter.  He would also qualify for anger management classes.  It was so interesting to watch him in the competition.  I feel like his emotions were intense.  When he was mad, he was so mad, but he would also burst into tears over simple things.  Also, does it bother anyone else that Sue spent $400 in the last challenge when the recommended amount was $200?  She also made two dresses when she could only show one on the runway and she ended up in the bottom three.  That's kind of insane.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment