Friday, August 30, 2013

Random Friday

1. The Skimm.  I'm a pretty busy person, as I'm sure you are as well.  .  I do watch/listen to the news, but some days I just don't have time to weed through everything to get to the important topics.  That's where The Skimm comes in.  It's a daily newsletter that is emailed to me.  I read it every morning and I feel like I know what's going on in the world.  I've been meaning to blog about it for a while now.  You're welcome.

2. Project Runway (Spoiler Alert).  I'm a week behind as usual.  Last week I seriously broke down in tears when Justin was eliminated.  Earlier in the show I felt like we were getting to know him better when he said that the glamping trip was a great time to get to know the other contestants since he couldn't work and read lips in the work room.  So, yeah.  Tears.  I cried even more when Tim Gunn used his save.  I also cry at really sad commercials.  Yes, I'm that person.

3.Football!  College football to be more specific.  There's just something about sitting in a stadium filled with thousands of other fans all rooting for the same team that makes me all warm and fuzzy.  Or my living room with my husband and my dog, who for the record also cheer for the same team as I do.  I'm attending Texas Tech's first game of the season this evening and I am just thrilled.  I will also not need the previous mentioned warm and fuzzy feeling since it will be about 103 degrees.

4. Pumpkin spice latte.  So I know I said I wouldn't really do a Fall blog post until it was actually Fall, but I'm going to break the rules.  Starbucks will start selling Pumpkin spice lattes on September 3rd..  They are my favorite thing at Starbucks.  They are actually selling them early if you use the special code.  Spread the word.

5. I will leave you with a picture of Lola.  She was taking a very long nap during the MTV Music Awards and then she heard them announce that Bruno Mars was about to perform.  She just had to watch.


Have a great (and hopefully long) weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment