Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm still here

Hi.  I'm still here.  I know I haven't had a post in a while.  The last week or so has been a whirlwind.  The husband and I took a trip to the great city (town?) of Lubbock to participate in an event held by the program we graduated from at Texas Tech.  It's always a fun time.  We get to see old classmates and professors and visit old stomping grounds, such as Chimys.  We attended a banquet on Friday night and earlier in the day I remembered that I forgot to pack a clutch for such an event.  Now, Lubbock doesn't have much in the way of shopping (no Nordstrom, no J.Crew, etc.) so I knew that I would have to really do some scouring.  I actually first went to Target to see if I could find a good, cheap bag to use for the night.  I don't often use a clutch, so why spend lots of money? Target actually had a few clutches to choose from, but none of them really spoke to me.  (Do bags not speak to you?)  So, I decided to just put my phone and lip gloss in my husband's pockets.  He was very excited about this.  (not.)  So, on the way to the car he pointed out a Ross that was next door.  Well, why not.  That's where I found this.



Isn't it lovely?  A nice, neutral clutch for, ahem, $16.  It doesn't hurt that it's a Kenneth Cole Reaction clutch, but I would have purchased it either way.  I love the asymmetrical lines and the hardware.  I love that I will be able to carry it for future events.  I can carry it with a cocktail dress and heels to a wedding and even carry it with skinny jeans and heels on a date.  I really just love it.  I thought about throwing all my necessities into it and carrying it for everyday, but a) clearly it's not an every day bag and b) sadly I have way more 'necessities' than I thought.  So that's what I've been doing: whirl-winding, traveling, coming across gems in dirt towns, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment