Monday, September 2, 2013

Oxfords

I've heard before that women love to shoe shop because they don't have to fuss over what size to get. There's not such an emotional element with shoe shopping as there is with clothes shopping.  You know your size, you know it will fit, you buy it and rejoice.  Well, I don't normally have that type of experience.  My foot is very narrow and somewhat long.  This means if I find a shoe that is just a tad too short I normally cannot go up half a size, because then it will be too wide.  So then I have to decide if I want a tad too short shoe or no shoe at all.  The answer seems obvious, but really it's not.  Especially when you've been looking for a certain type of shoe for months and you finally found it.  More on that later.  The shoes in my closet range from size 6 to size 8.  It's hard for me to order shoes online, because I honestly just never know what size will fit me and I don't want to have to pay return shipping or not be refunded the shipping amount if I return them in store.  I would never buy a shoe online that is final sale.  Never.

This brings me to my great oxford search.  I've been wanting a pair of oxfords since last winter, but have not had much luck finding them anywhere, well anywhere I can afford.

Oxfords

1 // 2 // 3 // 4

I'm probably behind on this trend, but I really don't care.  They are super versatile and would work great in place of my sperry's.  You can pair them with just about anything; a chambray dress, boyfriend jeans and a button up, shorts and a printed T, etc.

I actually purchased the shoes below from DSW a couple of weeks ago.  They didn't have my size in store and I risked having them order a pair for me, because they offered to do it with free shipping.  The problem is that they are just a tad too short.  The width is perfect, though and I know if I go up half a size they will be too wide.

Oxfords: DSW
So now I just need to decide if a tad too short is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment