Friday, October 25, 2013

Random Friday: A story

Instead of five random tidbits from the week, today I have one random story.

On Wednesday night the husband and I are sitting at our dinner table, eating dinner when I hear a faint, pathetic whimper.  I notice that Lola is not under our table as usual looking for random crumbs, so I get up and find her laying in the kitchen shaking like a little leaf.  I immediately start to panic.  I ask her if she is okay, she replies with watery, over sized doe eyes.  I gently pick her up and start gently pressing on all of her appendages.  She does not cry out, so I'm still very perplexed as to what is wrong.  I did ask her to use her words, but we all know how that turned out.  So, I put her down on the rug in the living room and created a line of dog food to see if she would walk and eat each piece.  She walked a little, limping and then gave up and sat down.  It was apparent to me that she hurt her front left leg or paw.  I demanded that we go to the vet (ours is opened 24/7) and see what is wrong with her, but my rational husband said we should give it some time and see if it gets better (or worse).  Fine.

Lola is injured
All night she does not move from her bed.  In the morning she walks around a little, but not much and she is still limping.  She usually greets me from the top of the stairs when I get home in the afternoons, but that afternoon I was only greeted by Sheldon.
Sheldon: Lola's BFF
I went upstairs and she is laying in her bed.  I had to carry her downstairs, since she would not even attempt to walk down them.  When the husband gets home she looks up at him with her big eyes, but does not run to greet him at the door.  Then the husband and I both go upstairs to change into casual wear for an afternoon walk (we do this every day after work).  Lola does not like for us to be in a room together without her and after a few minutes she comes running down the hallway and runs up the stairs.  We both stop what we are doing and look at her.  You can see the 'oh shit' in her eyes as she realizes she is no longer injured and will no longer be treated as such.  Since then she has been as good as new.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment