Friday, October 4, 2013

Random Friday

Hey, welcome to the end of the week.  It's been a pretty long week and I am very much in need of a nice, quiet weekend.  Let's get to the randoms.

1. Marc Jacobs is leaving Louis Vuitton.  When I read this I was actually taken aback, but then I realized that it was so he could focus on his own brand.  I heard a rumor that he left LV to work at Coach, which really just made me laugh.  But no, it was for his own brand as it heads towards an IPO.  He has definitely made a name for himself and I can't wait to see what else he brings to his brand.

2. Tom Clancy died.  He was a best selling author.  I am a huge book nerd and this news really bothered me.  I've fallen into one of Clancy's books many times.  That's the sign of a good author.  If I feel like I'm in the story experiencing what the characters are experiencing and if I think about the characters for days after reading the final page, then it was an excellent book.  He definitely wrote excellent novels.

3. Guess who is having a mascara sale again?  Some brands are over 50% off.  It might be worth checking out.

4. Have you heard of KillSwitch?  It's an app that deletes your ex from your Facebook profile, without defriending him (or her).  It's a lot like 'ignoring' someone on Facebook, but this will also delete posts where your ex is tagged, etc.  There's an app for everything, apparently.

5.  My birthday is this month and I'm starting the celebrations early with a girls night tonight.  Some friends and I are going to one of those paint and drink type of things.  It's one of my very favorite things to do and I am so excited about it.  My paintings don't always look so great, but it's a really fun experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment