Friday, December 28, 2012

Lola. Dog

My Dearest Blog Readers,

I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with your family and friends. I had a wonderful holiday vacation, even if I did get in trouble for eating an entire tootsie roll... And a pistachio shell. It's whatever. It was so nice and warm in Corpus Christi and so cold in Dallas when we returned. I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone. The New Year is just around the corner. It is tradition to compile a list of resolutions with each New Year. This year will be no different, and I've already begun my list. I give you, my resolutions:

1. Lose weight. Now I know this is such a stereotypical resolution. The truth is that I have put on a little extra cushion around my mid section. Ideally I would like to lose at least 8 ounces. I mean, I know it seems extreme, but if I stay motivated I am confident that I can achieve this goal.

2. This leads me to my next resolution, which is exercise more. Sure, I hate the outdoors and the dirt and the leaves, but in order to achieve my ideal weight, I need to maintain a healthy diet and do more walking. The big ones love taking me on walks. They love walking around surrounding neighborhoods or taking me to the park. I'm the unmotivated one. Not this year. I am a new me.

3. Make new/more friends. I have friends. They just all happen to be human. I do have one really good dog friend. Her name is Libby, but I haven't seen her in ages. Years, even. I'm not the easiest to get along with. I need to work on my social skills. Maybe I will join a club or take a class. Yes, that will surely help me.

4. Read one entire book. I'm the worst at starting new books and never finishing them. I get too caught up in the news. I also watch entirely too much TV. Books are a great outlet from stress. They also happen to lull me to sleep. I'm confident that I will achieve this goal. I just need to do some research to find the perfect book.

What are some of your goals and resolutions?

I wish you all a fabulous New Year and I will catch up with you next Friday. In 2013.

Until Next time,
Lola

It's so cold!

1 comment: