Friday, September 7, 2012

Lola. Dog



Dearest Blog Readers,

It has been such a long week.  The big ones did not mention that they were going to be home on Monday and it really threw my week off.  I mean, I don't mind hanging out with them, but a little notice would have been nice.  I missed all my naps!

I'm really excited that you all have decided to read this blog.  I am excited to give you a peek into my life and I realize that you hardly know anything about me.  Other than, well, my name is Lola and I'm incredibly chic.  So, for this post, I would like to give you a tour of my home.  The place I spend 98% of my time.



 


















When you first open the door to my humble abode, you are faced with the longest hallway ever.  You would think this would be fun.  It's not.  It's so slippery, I can never get a good grip and I slip and slide the entire way down.




















So, instead of immediately going down the hallway, I like to run up the stairs.  The stairs are fun to run up... not so fun to run down.  Intimidating, yes?  I think so.  My strategy is to take them as fast as you can and never, ever for any reason should you stop.  Or you'll get stuck.
















This is the bedroom.  I love it in here, because there is carpet and I can run in circles with fabulous traction.  My bed is over there to the right, just out of the frame.  There is a little 'nook' for reading in the left corner.  What's the number of times one of the big people have curled up there with a book or magazine?  Zero.  What's the number of times they have let me up there?  Zero.  Yeah, rough life.  See the blanket on the bed?  That is the best blanket ever.  I get to sleep up there sometimes.  Especially if I am not feeling well.
















Here's a quick peek into our bathroom.  I like to lay in here on a hot day, because the floor is really cold.  Other than that, I'm not all that sure of its purpose.  The big people spend all of their morning home time here, though.















So, back down the hallway and you come to the kitchen.  Clearly this is the most important thing in our kitchen.  Also, it is my duty to keep the kitchen clean.  I make sure there is not a single crumb on the floor.  The woman goes over my work all the time (control freak much?), but I always do such a superb job, so she's really just wasting her time.
















This is a nook area in the living room.  They play music from that thing on the table.  It's nice.  I really enjoy the entertainment.  Also, see that leather chair?  Yeah, off limits for me.  Only, they are not here allll the time to enforce that rule.  Hehe.
















This is our sofa.  It is very, very cozy.  I take at least two of my afternoon naps here.  I just throw those pillows on the floor.  I don't understand their function anyway.
















And this.  This is Sheldon.  He is a very good friend of mine.  We are close.  Like yin and yang, peanut butter and jelly, coffee and cream... and if you just said you don't take cream in your coffee, then you are definitely weird and should have yourself checked out.

So, there you have it.  My place.  I hope you feel like we are better friends now.

Until next time,
Lola

1 comment: