Thursday, September 27, 2012

September Birchbox

I was completely underwhelmed by this month's birchbox. Here's a picture of what I received, followed by my reviews. 



Kate Spade New York Twirl: I was actually very excited to try this, even though I don't normally like the perfume samples.  I do have a love for all things Kate Spade.  That love has ended, though, because I don't like this perfume.  I am pretty picky, though.

Hollywood Fashion Secrets/Tape: So, I'm sure this a great product and all... I just have yet to find a use for it.  I have all my pants hemmed and I don't usually have gapes in my clothing.  So, yeah.

Skin, An Apothecary Soy Body Whip:  This sounds delightful, yes?  I honestly would have no idea.  I have extremely sensitive skin (which I disclosed to Birchbox), so I cannot use this because it has fragrance. 

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint: I'm sure this is a wonderful product.  I just need way more coverage than a tinted moisturizer provides.  I layered it under my normal make-up and it felt fine, but at $38 a tube I will not be purchasing it just to layer it.

Color Cube nail polish: I really like this nail polish.  It's a pretty blue color and I will add it to my nail polish collection and use it often.

Twistband:  These must be wonderful, because they are sold out on the birchbox website.  However, they are just not my cup of tea.  I have a ton of hair and this band does a poor job of holding it all in a pony tail.  It also stretches with wear (I know this, because this is the second twistband I've received).

Did you get something different in your birchbox?  Let me know in the comment below.  Not signed up for birchbox?  Sign up here

No comments:

Post a Comment