Friday, September 21, 2012

Lola. Dog



My Dearest Blog Readers,

I attempted to write this blog post earlier in the week and I obtained the worst case of writer's block.  That's what the picture is of me above.  I was so frustrated that all I wanted to do was curl up in a little ball and take a nap.  But alas, here I am with my second attempt.  I am feeling a little better.  I had a nice glass of milk and ate a few cookies.  That really helps the creative juices to flow.  And so I bring you, today's blog.

Today's blog: I seriously think that I am part of the 47% that Mitt Romney was talking about.  I mean, shhh... I don't pay income taxes.  At all.  I also don't work.  Do you think that has something to do with it?  I heard the recap of that video on YouTube and a rush of feelings of shame washed over me.  He's talking about me.  He thinks poorly of me.  He thinks I do not fend for myself and that I live off of the government.  The big people are not the government, right?  I immediately went and took a count of my belongings to see what tax ramifications I have been avoiding.  I have Sheldon.  But he's more of a friend than a belonging.  I have my food bowls... oh wait, this is about income and not about net worth.  Okay, okay.  Think, think.  No.  No matter how hard I think... I don't have income.  I don't even make anything off of writing this blog.  The woman calls it a privilege.  Oh my gosh!!  Is that like a tax credit?  Do I get fed because I write a blog post?  Is that some sort of payment?  No, no.  I was fed before the blog came along.  Phew.  Okay... what else do I do that can be seen as work?  Hmmmm.  I get up and the man feeds me.  Then I hang out with Sheldon until it's time to go outside.  Then I come back inside and say good-bye to the man (the woman is already long gone).  I take early morning nap.  Then I read some of my book.  Then I take mid morning nap.  Then I hang out with Sheldon.  Then the man comes home for lunch.  I don't get to eat lunch.  So, instead I have some water.  Then the man leaves again.  I take early afternoon nap, hang out with Sheldon, take mid afternoon nap, read my book and then the man comes home and we go outside.  Then the woman comes home.  I eat again.  Then we all hang out.  I usually give up evening nap to hang out with the big ones.  Then bed time.  Ok.  See, I don't make any income.  So, I don't think I am in the 47%.  Woo.  I still think that Mitt Romney thinks I will vote for Obama.  Do you think that Obama thinks I will vote for Romney?  I need to go look for my voter's registration card.

Until next time,
Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment