Friday, September 14, 2012

Lola. Dog



My Dearest Blog Readers,

I'm so excited that it may rain this weekend.  Rain is wonderful.  Although, I do refuse to go outside in the rain, so that makes it difficult for the big people.  They usually pick me up though and carry me to the grass.  They will have to be extra careful this weekend, because I have a hair appointment on Saturday.  Anyway, back to the rain being wonderful.  It makes the sky sad and gloomy.  Our loft stays dark, even with the shades raised all the way to the ceiling.  It becomes a cave, sort of.  A modernized cave, mind you, but a cave nonetheless.  Rain is perfect sleeping weather.  Sheldon and I usually curl up in a ball on the sofa (on our special blanket, of course) and cuddle and sleep.  Rain is also perfect book reading weather.  I'm currently reading A Dog's Life: Autobiography of a Stray.  I will let you know what I think about it. 

With rain, comes cooler temperatures.  The days will soon be cold and the darkness will slowly start creeping up earlier and earlier in the day.  One of the worst things about Fall is that it brings Winter close behind.  Winter is not my favorite time of the year.  You would think I would be very prepared for it, with the thick coat I'm always wearing.  By the time the big people get home in the evening, it's dark and cold.  I hate going outside in the dark.  It is so scary.

On the flip side, the cold weather brings the holiday season.  My favorite holiday is Halloween, but that's because it is the woman's favorite holiday and she decorates the most for that one.  Also, we usually host a Halloween gathering and I get to dress up in a fun outfit.  And there's food.  And careless visitors who eat and sometimes drop the food.

I don't have much else to add.  I spent the majority of the week online doing my best to follow the events of New York Fashion Week.  I was not allowed to attend this year. Again.  But, I think if I start saving my pennies now, I will for sure have enough to cover my flight and hotel expenses next year. Then, no one can say no.  Of course I will continue penning Victoria Beckham in hopes of a personal (all expenses paid) invitation.  She's very busy of course and has not had time to return my letters.  Oh well, I'm off to create a budget.

Until next time,
Lola


No comments:

Post a Comment