Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Randoms

1. I purchased a polish add-on with my last Julep box (which is missing, by the way).  I actually used my Jules points, so technically I didn't even purchase it.  It's a grape glaze.  I love it.  It's a thin layer of color that requires little accuracy in applying.  Plus, my nails grow fast.  I don't mind having long nails, but I don't really like my longer nails polished.  It's weird, I know.  So, I usually trim my nails very short when I polish them.  With this glaze, having longer nails does not bother me.



2.  As I said above, my Julep box is missing.  The tracking information says it has been delivered, but it's not in my apartment's office.  I am going to the post office today to see if it's there. The add-on above was shipped separately, in case you're wondering how I received it and not my regular Julep box.  Has your Julep box ever gone missing?

3. If you live in Dallas, this is the last weekend for Dallas Blooms at the Arboretum.  My mother-in-law is in town, so we plan on taking her to see all the beautiful tulips.  Fingers crossed that the weather is beautiful.

4. Did you know they (they? who are they?) make a purse now that charges your cell phone?  The purses are a tad on the pricey side (of course), but what a neat idea.  They also have some really cute bags to choose from.  I'm not saying run out and by one (you can't anyway, you have to pre-order), I'm just saying it sounds like a really cool idea.

Source
5. What are you doing exercise wise to get ready for warmer temperatures?  I ordered the Jillian Michaels - 30 day shred DVD.  I have no idea if I will like it or how well it works.  It did get good reviews on Amazon. So, I guess we'll see.  By the way I'm not trying to lose 20 pounds in 30 days (or at all), I just want to wear a swimsuit without feeling terribly uncomfortable.


How's that for random?  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I do love that color and totally agree with you (in most cases) that long nails should not be painted bright colors.

    5. My mom handed down her treadmill to me, I have started walking a mile a day 3-4 days a week. I know it isnt much, but going from 0 to 3-4 miles a week ought to shed at least a couple pounds....right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo to handed down treadmills. They are especially great when you can't get out or when C is napping. I would think so, regarding weight loss. Plus, just being active will make you feel wondermous. I think. :)

      Delete