Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Inspiration


So for today's post I was inspired by something a little off the wall.  This is part of the medication I was prescribed when I was under the weather last week.  My first reaction when I opened the bottle was, "So pretty!".  I was also very, very sick.  Ha.  Anyway, I thought I would use this 'inspiration' and put together a couple of looks.

Mint & Lavender

Look #1
Top: ModCloth // Mint Jeans: Mango // Necklace: Channing & Co. // Sandals: Miss Selfridge 
The pretty lavender peplum pairs well with the more form fitting jean.  The necklace adds a strong pop of color to this otherwise very pastel outfit.  The nude sandal is a neutral color, but the hint of mint pulls the outfit together and the studs are just a fun, added bonus.

Look #2
Top: Wallis // Skirt: Les Pommettes // Bracelet: Maurices // Flat: Banana Republic 
I love the subtle print of the top paired with the pocket detailed skirt.  The purple here is still lavender, but not overly pastel.  The bracelets introduce a hint of coral, which pairs well with the color palette.  The bold shoe is a neutral that keeps the outfit grounded (literally).

If you don't have the time and patience to pull together an entire outfit of separates, then find one piece that has both colors incorporated into it.  This is definitely a splurge item, so keep that in mind.  It does however, fabulously mix the two colors, as well as others.  If it weren't for the price, I would definitely add this dress to my wardrobe.  The yellow shoe adds a pop of sunshine.


Mint & Lavender

Dress: Cynthia Rowley // Earrings: Stella & Dot // Clutch: John Lewis // Shoes: L.K. Bennett

What inspires you?

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors together, and loving that skirt!

    ReplyDelete