Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Trending: White Denim

White denim is everywhere.  Seriously.  And although I don't mesh well with anything clothing that is white, I always love styling new trends.  What goes with white?  Well, everything.  White is a neutral.  Remember the fun that was learning neutrals here and here?  Below are just a few ways to wear the current trend.

Styling White Denim

White Denim: Seven for All Mankind
Outfit 1
Top: Jack Wills // Clutch: Accessorize // Wedges: Sole Society
Remember the oh so popular chambray shirt?  Remember that it can pretty much go with anything?  It's extremely versatile.  Well, it pairs nicely with white denim.  The neon yellow on the sides of the clutch add a pop of color, while the wedges bring in additional neutral colors.

Outfit 2
Top: Mango // Earrings: Kate Spade // Shoes: BCBG
Another very popular way to wear the white denim trend is to create a monochromatic look.  I appreciate the metallic stripes of this top as it brings in a little break to the outfit.  I would keep all jewelry minimal and simple, such as these silver hoops.

Outfit 3
Top: Mango // Bracelet: Cache // Shoes: Lori's 
Let's just be super trendy here and pair white denim with a floral print.  This light pink keeps the outfit soft.  The silver band across the shoe also brings in a hint of the silver shoe trend.  The bracelet ties into the color of the top.

Outfit 4
Top: Madewell // Aviators: Ray-Ban // Watch: Michael Kors // Shoes: Piperlime
Doesn't this look super casual and comfy?  The tank is perfect for a hot, summer day.  The gold accessories keep the look simple, but pulled together.

Not sure about this new trend?  Or are you ready to jump right in and wear it all summer?  Below are a few options at every price point.
White Denim


Save: Forever 21 // Spend: Loft // Splurge: J Brand Jeans

If I think something is super trendy and won't stay in style long, then I tend to buy the less expensive options.  If I think something will be around for a while or turn into a classic, then I invest a little more into a quality piece.  So what do you think?  Trendy or classic?

4 comments:

  1. classic for the most part. It seems like trendy is what gets paired with white pants. Still, I have a hard time purchasing white pants as I tend to attract dirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! It is very much paired with trendy... trends. Ha. I think C helps with that attracting dirt issue. I have no such excuse.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the perfect pair of white jeans–I love how they go with anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. I should really just buy a pair, but like Holly above I attract dirt.

      Delete