Thursday, May 16, 2013

Peach Green Tea Smoothie

I finally made something that I pinned on Pinterest.  I confess, I get caught up pinning all the pretty things and then I don't quite get around to making any of the projects or recipes.  I pinned this recipe several months (maybe longer) ago.  It may be due to the fact that it's on my "Can I be healthy?" board, which let's be honest here, I don't exactly visit on a daily (weekly, monthly?) basis.  But, it's swimsuit season, so I thought I should attempt to get in shape.

Here's the pretty Pinterest picture.
Source
So, what goes in it?

1 large peach
1/2 banana
1 green tea bag (well just the tea)
1/2 cup ice
1 tablespoon honey


I got out of the shower and made a cup of tea.  Then I put it in the freezer and continued getting ready for work.  Once I was ready (roughly 30 - 45 minutes later), I took it out of the freezer to use in the smoothie.

The peach and banana need to be sliced up.


I'm pretty messy, so bear with me on these photos.  We have a Magic Bullet, so I put the fruit, cooled tea, and ice into the 'cup'.


Then I blended it all together for a while.  Well, until I thought it was 'smooth'.  Which is just whatever to me. Then I added honey.  Feel free to add more honey if you want a sweeter smoothie.


By this point the husband realized what a huge mess I was making in the kitchen, so he came down to help me.  Mix in the honey and then blend a little more to get it good and mixed.


The great thing about the Magic Bullet is that after its blended I just screw on a cap and take it with me.  There's no ridiculous blender cleaning to fuss with later.


In hindsight, I would have added some more ice and honey and blended it a little more.  It was, however, pretty tasty.  See the lid?  Yeah, I'm fancy like that.

So, why do I love, love this smoothie?  I'm lactose intolerant, so I can't drink a smoothie that is made with milk.  Yes, I realize I can use soy or almond milk as substitutes.  I've never really enjoyed a smoothie made with either.  Green tea, I love, which is why this smoothie is perfect for me.  I hope you try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment