Friday, May 24, 2013

Random Friday

Welcome to Friday.  Let's look at the list of randoms that this week provided.

1. First things first, today is my husband's birthday.  I would say he's way old, but he's younger than I am, so he can't be that old.  Right?  Right.  Happy Birthday!

My two Loves
2. & 3. I went to an Etsy Fair at West Elm this week.  I'm not sure what constitutes an actual 'fair' these days.  I was thinking lots of little booths set up filled with pretties.  Well, there were four tables.  So, yeah.  Luckily I live right across from West Elm, so I didn't really go out of my way to attend the 'fair'.  Plus, they had cupcakes and champagne.  Yummo.

That being said, I still managed to buy something.  I actually don't own a statement necklace, believe it or not.  This necklace called to me.  I mean, come on, it's even navy - my current go to color.
P.S. My face isn't really yellow
The vendor I purchased it from had such a cute set-up.  She handmakes the necklaces. They were all so lovely.  Her shop is d.p.c. by Dora Yim.


4. So Jillian Michaels is currently kicking my ass.  30 Day Shred is no joke, people.  I sweat and complain the entire time.  I've also been working on introducing some healthier eating habits into my life.  Let me just preface this by saying I am no expert in nutrition or fitness.  But, I do the 30 Day Shred every (mostly) day, I eat a salad for lunch, and we try to eat salmon, shrimp or chicken for dinner.  But I do also eat sweets, which probably sabotages the whole thing.  The cupcakes above?  Yep, had one.  Anyway, I'm trying.  The picture below is salmon and couscous.  The salmon is delicious and the recipe can be found here.


5.  I hope you have a very Happy (and Long) Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment